Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 7 90% Raw Juice 10% Cooked Clean Eating


      Today marks one week of my juice cleanse and I can say that it is easy at this point in the process. The cleanse is not for the purpose of losing weight only, but to get back control of my health. I believe the experience has been a spiritual transition for me more than anything I would imagine.

     By day 3 I wanted my meats, potatoes, bread and sugars. I had to stay to course because my future health was based on what choice I made presently. If I am to feel great I must put things in my system that will allow me to absorb for nutrient to use now and later and bad foods do the complete opposite.

     Let's talk about the energy!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow do I have energy to get out of bed, cooking, cleaning, studying, working, and still have more energy to do other things. Now I want to run and exercise everyday, which I do not presently. I read many online articles that I need to reserve my energy so the body can use the surplus to work on the detoxing process...smiles. I did purchase a new road bike and I signed up for yoga classes for 2 months. I am doing some form of movement just not anything that will use too much energy.

Here are a few of my juice favorites that I enjoyed in the last week:


  • Green Acid Flush (48oz) -- 4 Green Apples, 1/2 stalk of celery, 2 bunches of baby spinach, and 2 large carrots
  • Nasty Blood Cleanse (48oz) -- 2 beets (peel skin), 1 stalk of celery, 4 apples, 2 cucumber (peel skin), 1 bunch of kale, and 4 red carrots
  • Tropical Smoothie (32oz) -- 12oz of Almond Milk, 1/2 cup pineapples, 2 mango flesh, and 2 bananas then blend
  • Ginger Berry Kick Azz (32oz) -- 2 Bananas, 1 thumb size of peeled ginger, 12oz frozen mix berries, 12oz of Almond Milk
  • Green Giant (32oz) -- 1 bunch of spinach, 1 bunch of kale, 1 stalk of celery, 2 large cucumber, 1 handful of basil, 2 cups of green beans, and 4 apples (your choice)


No comments:

Post a Comment