Saturday, April 20, 2013

Updates - Day 1 90% Raw Juice 10% Cooked Clean Eating

OK,

After posting my before and after picture on Facebook (see below) I began receiving emails from friends and family on how I am losing the weight. I am excited to learn that others are motivated by what I have accomplished so far...I am still on my journey to a better me and I am happy that I am facing it...smiles.

Today marks the 1st day of my 21-day juice detox...smiles. OK first let me just make this clear. My goal is to consume juice for 21 days. I might change the process up a bit, which means I might not do 21 day straight of juice fasting. I have all intention of doing so, yet I will certainly juice for 7 days then eat raw foods for 3 days along with broths/soups then back to 7 days of juicing. I plan to give myself 3 days of solids in between. I would like to go the entire 21-days without solids then gradually go to solids. Either way you start your detox it is important to have a plan in place and to consult you doctor so ensure the best care through your journey.

I am going to shop for another juicer (Jack Lalanne Juicer) so that I can have one at work and one at home. No excuses! I also decided not to workout to much during my detox so that I can preserve my energy. I will continue with my ballroom dance class and yoga, but no running or Zumba until after the detox period has ended. I know I will be moody and sick for my first week, yet I must bare the pain and face it. I think the pain is a reminder of the hurt we have caused our bodies. When I go through that pain during detox I don't like it, so when I am in a place in which I want to make a bad food choice that pain of detoxing comes right back to me and I make the right choice for my mind, body and spirit. I am eating to live because healthy foods is the medicine to cure diseases.


I am facing it today, one meal at a time. The picture to the left was taken in September 2012 (220 ls) and the picture on the right was taken April 2013 (185 lbs) standing at 5 feet and 3 inches. I am still on my journey to better health. Why don't you join me and share my blog with others.

*****The intention of this blog is to share information that will help you on your journey to better health. All products that I feature are products that I use. I am not suggesting that you purchase what I have used. The products and materials only serve as a resource for information. I do not endorse products nor am I affiliated with the products...smiles. If there is something I am endorsing I will state that clearly next to products. I do not make money off this site nor am I interested in doing so. I will always encourage you to purchase the best products for your body. You know what your limits are in terms of fiances, but do not look at yourself a fast, cheap or unworthy...smiles. Eat the best and buy the best for it is an investment in you...smiles.*****

Day is the first day of my raw juice cleanse. My intention was to start on Sunday, but today was the day that my body decided to cleanse...smiles.

Breakfast -- 32 oz of Citrus Raw Juice (2 pink grapefruits and 5 navel oranges)
Snack -- 2 bananas and 64 oz of lemon water
Lunch -- 64 oz green smoothie (4 green apples, 3 bunches of baby spinach, 2 bunch of kale, 6 large carrots, 2 bunch of Italian parsley
Dinner -- Avocado Sandwich (2 slices of Ezekiel bread, 4 slices of avocado, red onion, cucumber slices, kale leaves, ripe tomatoes with a drizzle of balsamic)

No comments:

Post a Comment